On Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013 – Did another year just pass us by? – at 2 p.m. ET, I’ll have the pleasure of delivering a webinar titled, “Adopting Education Strategy to Jump-Start Member Engagement.” This session is presented by Young Association Professionals, Aggregage, Association Universe and Infinite Conferencing as part of The New World of Member Engagement Webinar Series.
If you’ve not yet participated in one or more of the programs broadcast as part of this free series, you can view the full lineup here to register. In a nutshell, the interactive webinars help association professionals think differently to drive member engagement. The world has changed – and continues to do so. Various thought leaders, from a wide variety of perspectives, have been assembled to share tangible strategies for dealing with this new environment. The series runs now through February 2013.
Past presentations have included:
- “What Does Member Engagement Mean to You?” with Eric Lanke, CEO, National Fluid Power Association
- “Membership Engagement… How to Maximize Your Value Proposition to Grow 10 Times in 10 Years” with Tom Morrison, CEO, Metal Treating Institute
- “Building a Spirit of Engagement: The New Volunteerism” with Peggy M. Hoffman, CAE, president and association manager, Mariner Management and Marketing
- “Beer and Bar-B-Que is a Membership Strategy” with Shelly Alcorn, CAE, principal, Alcorn Associates Management Consulting
Future presentations will include:
- Jan. 9: “Diagnosing and Solving Your Membership Marketing Challenges” with Tony Rossell, senior vice president, Marketing General Incorporated
- Jan. 23: “Fierce Membership: 7 Ways to Keep from Losing Your Most Engaged Members” with KiKi L’Italien, president and CEO, Amplified Growth Inc.
- Jan. 30: “Engagement Strategies for a Social World” with Andy Steggles, president, Higher Logic
- Feb. 6: “The New Rules of Engagement: Understanding and Using Member Value to Drive Engagement” with Andrea Pellegrino, principal, The Maia Marketing Group LLC
And, of course, I’m excited to share my presentation on “Adopting Education Strategy to Jump-Start Member Engagement” on Jan. 16. So, what do I have in store for you?
It’s no surprise to discover that most associations are guided by a carefully crafted strategic plan developed by key stakeholders. However, this plan often does not drill down into the specifics of education strategy despite the prominence of professional development in both the organization’s mission statement and annual budget.
While the education equation is simple (Education = Engagement = Loyalty = Retention = Revenue), transforming this theory into action requires intentional planning.
During this program, learn more about the education equation (Incidentally, this is an Aaron original. You won’t find it presented in the Professional Practices in Association Management.), explore considerations for developing your association’s very own education strategy, and identify actionable next steps.
Ultimately, my goal is to help the association community work smarter (not harder!) to leverage current education offerings and content to jump-start member engagement.
So, my question to you is this: What engagement best practices do you employ in your own organization that I should mention during this program? What resources would you recommend I share with participants? If you plan on attending this program, what questions would you like answered as part of my presentation?